Friday 13 July 2007

Life itself going on.

It's Friday the 13th. Arg.

Die Hard 4.0 on Wednesday was great - hilarious. Shooty shooty die die films are clearly the best. Though John McClane finds the 'die die' bit nearly impossible. And does the shooty bit by throwing cars at helicopters. Was great. We went to Chiquitos in the chavplex afterwards, and had a really rather passable meal, for the price we paid. They refused to give us the advertised student discount when we asked for it though, which rather spoiled the evening. Carl wrote a nice complaint letter asking for the money back after we read the advertisement for said discount a bit better, so we'll see what happens with that.

I trekked off to St Albans again yesterday with another car-load of stuff. I was cocooned in binbags before, almost literally. I couldn't close the door or see much of my floor. I'm getting on with it though. I've basically got the plant stuff and the fish and some bits left to do, so I'm more or less where I wanted to be by this stage. I'll pack up the plants and compost and bits and pieces and then leave it for a few weeks I think, now. I have to go to St Albans for a wedding next weekend, anyway, so I can take it down then.

I discovered that someone else I know (Hugh, guess who? (but don't spell it out...for anyone else)) is going for the job I'm going for. Bah. She IS more experienced, at least in some things, and hence gets most of the roles in Cambridge that we both go for. I don't know how much other experience she has, so I'm not giving up completely. Still.

No comments:

Post a Comment