Sunday 25 October 2009

Dalek Snail Cake?


It was my birthday last Saturday, which was four days before Traci left the country on Wednesday - so we had an enormous party...it seemed the least we could do.  We borrowed some bits and pieces from the ADC (we love John, and knowing all the management there) - like the festooooon (You Must Say It So) above, and a UV tube to make our glow-in-the-dark-gin-and-tonic-jelly glow.  About half past ten, though, Hugh sat on that.  *rolls eyes*.  And then left in a hurry to catch the last train back to London. *rolls eyes*.  The festoon made the garden look fantastic and I'm annoyed I failed at pictures for it - we trailed it out of our bedroom window, along the perspex roof above the grape vine and then into the trees in the garden - so everything was pink and orange.

It was a great night, and a wonderful climax to our time in Argyle Street.  I like this house and it's location.  I hate trying to park round here, but that's another story.  I have loved living with Traci and Carl.  It's a family of a house, and I like that.  We eat together, stare at TV together, have parties together.  One of the things I'm least looking forward to is living on my own without even the ratties for company.

It hasn't really sunk in yet that Traci won't be back from the US in 'just a few weeks', which is what I sort of think my head has been believing.  Have to get used to the idea that I'm not going to see a great deal of her face to face for the next 18 months or so.  She doesn't really believe, I think, that how happy I have been in the last year is down to her presence in my life.  Even far away, she's still part of my existence and that is unbelievably important to me.  Expect many pointless pieces of post, Traci...

I mostly wanted to share with you the following.

 
 
 
 
 


Bet nobody ELSE, chef's girlfriend or not, has EVER had a Dalek Snail made out of chocolate and glued together with seas of caramel icing crafted in their honour.

 

2 comments:

  1. It also tasted rather good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugh sat on the jelly, or Hugh sat on the UV tube? Either way, Bad Hugh.

    Awesome cake though!

    ReplyDelete